If you’re looking to improve your skills and possibly your salary, check out Cloud computing certifications in the market.
Consider your current skill set and whether a related skill or a management skill may help power your career to the next level. Consider pursuing a certification in cloud computing, the entire world is moving to the cloud platform.
Nowadays, one of the most valuable cloud computing certifications are AWS certifications, those AWS certifications have great demand in the market, based on the number of companies moving to the cloud, the growth of AWS and surveys related from AWS partners.
At associate level, Amazon AWS offers several certifications as: Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate and SysOps Administrator Associate.
The AWS Certified Developer – Associate Certification
The AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam validates technical expertise in developing and maintaining applications on the AWS platform. It is intended for individuals who perform a Developer role.
This exam validates an examinee’s ability to:
● Design, develop and deploy cloud based solutions using AWS
● Understand the core AWS services, users, and basic architecture best practices
● Develop and maintain applications written for Amazon Simple Storage Services (S3), Amazon
● DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon
● Simple Workflow Service (SWS), AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and AWS CloudFormation
The table below lists the domains measured by this examination and the extent to which they are represented: Certif
Figure #0. Domains measured by this certification
For a detailed description is recommended review the AWS Certified Developer Associate Level Exam Blueprint. It’s a clever idea review all concepts covered on the exam to get a blueprint of what you need to study.
Prepare for the Certification
The best preparation for this certification exam is practical experience. We recommend one or more years of hands-on experience using AWS, specifically developing applications using AWS technologies and services.
Additionally, we’d like to share other suggestions about it:
1. Read and review AWS FAQs
The AWS Product and Technical FAQs reflects commonly raised questions and issues. If you browse through these FAQs, you could find answers to examination questions. We recommend at least read the following FAQS:
● Cloudformation FAQs
● Route 53 FAQs
● DynamoDB FAQs
● EC2 FAQs
● IAM FAQs
● RDS FAQs
● S3 FAQs
● SNS FAQs
● SQS FAQs
● SWF FAQs
● and VPC FAQs
You can find all AWS FAQs in: https://aws.amazon.com/faqs/.
2. Practice doing labs and exercises
After opening a free Tier AWS account, you should practice AWS services and solutions in a live environment.
Especially, focus your attention doing exercises with AWS services like S3, DynamoDB, SNS, Cloudformation, IAM and VPC/EC2.
Hands-on experience is the best and efficient way to learn AWS concepts. Nothing can give you more confidence in picking the right answer like having done it yourself.
3. Study some AWS whitepapers
There are some AWS Whitepapers suggested to review. You can broaden your technical understanding about AWS services and technologies, those had been written by the AWS team, independent analysts, and AWS partners. At least read the following whitepapers:
● Overview of AWS Services
● Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Connectivity Options
● Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
● Cloud Architectures
● Development and Test on AWS
● How AWS Pricing Work
● AWS Security Best Practices
● Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes
You can find all AWS Whitepapers in https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/.
4. Take a simulation exam
Test your knowledge online in a timed environment. Once you have gone through the white papers, FAQs and official documentation offered by AWS Amazon, it’s time to try some practice questions and exam simulations. We suggest taking exam simulations at Whizlabs.com, they can test your knowledge acquired.
5. Read some blogs and join to a community
Establish a study group, join a community or subscribe to a blog for sharing your knowledge and question with other people.
For example, you can find relevant information browsing the Whizlabs blog, it has a lot of additional and valuable information to take and pass your AWS Certification exam.
We’re sure that this article would help you to prepare for the AWS certification exam related.
If you are interested in starting your career now into the cloud computing world, it is the right time to start preparing for the AWS Certified Developer Associate certification exam, it is the entry and easiest of the associated level exams.
Practicing, reviewing and reading with a minimal 2-hr daily dedication for one month, you will be able to pass this certification. We’re going to write additional articles about Amazon Web Services certifications, see you next time.
1. Amazon AWS Certifications. https://aws.amazon.com/certification/
2. AWS Certified Developer – Associate Certification – https://aws.amazon.com/certification/certified-developer-associate/
3. AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam Practice Simulator – Whizlabs. http://www.whizlabs.com/aws-developer-associate/
4. How to prepare for AWS developer associate certification exam?
That’s all about Top 5 Tips for preparing AWS developer associate certification exam.